encore n : an extra or repeated performance; usually given in response to audience demand v : request an encore, from a performer
- A brief extra performance, done after the
main performance is complete.
- To play an encore.
brief extra performance after the main performance is complete
- In the context of "said by audience members after a performance": Please perform again!
please perform again
- Albanian: bis
- German: Zugabe!
- Spanish: otra, bis
Etymology"during hour" (cognate with Italian ancora)
Encore may refer to:
- Encore, an extra performance of a musical piece, usually done at the audience's request
- Encore, an
album by rap artist Eminem, released November 2004
- Encore/Curtains Down, the title track from the Eminem album
- Encore, an album by Russell Watson
- Encore, a 1977 live album by krautrock group Tangerine Dream
- Encore, a 1983 album by rock countertenor Klaus Nomi
- Encore, an album by Taiwanese girl group S.H.E, released November 2004
- Encore, an album by Johnny Cash, released in 1981
- American Idol Season 5: Encores, a 2006 album, part of the American Idol compilation series
- Encore, a rapper in the Hieroglyphics (band) Imperium Crew
- Encore Theatre Magazine, Encore Theatre Magazine, an online theatre magazine in the United Kingdom, based on Encore, which was published from 1954 to 1965, some of whose articles are reprinted in The Encore Reader.
- Encore, a film and TV industry contact directory published in Australia.
- Encore, a vocalist in the Euro house genre
- Encore, a rap single recorded by Jay-Z from his 2003 album The Black Album
- "Numb / Encore", a collaboration mash-up single between Linkin Park and Jay-Z from the 2004 album Collision Course
- Encore, a music notation software for PCs and MACs
- Encore, an annual musical performance produced by the Board of Studies, NSW, Australia
- Encore School for Strings, a renowned summer music institute for violin/viola/cello
- Encore wiki, the Educational Network and Community for Open Resource Exchange
- Encore, a 1951 film
- Encore, a 1996 film by French director Pascal Bonitzer
- Encore, a Premium movie network operated by Starz Encore Group
- Encore Computer, an early maker of parallel computers and real-time software
- z8 Encore!, a microcontroller made by ZiLOG
- Adobe Encore DVD, a DVD authoring software tool produced by Adobe Systems.
- On-Cor, a brand of frozen foods pronounced as encore
- A casino resort currently under construction at Wynn Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada
- On radio or television, an "encore performance" may be a euphemism for a rerun
- Showtime Greats, an Australian television channel previously known as Encore
encore in German: Encore
encore in Korean: 앙코르
encore in Japanese: アンコール (曖昧さ回避)
encore in Swedish: Encore
acclaim, acclamation, afresh, again, anew, another time, applause, big hand, bis, burst of applause, cheer, clap, clapping, clapping of hands, da capo, de novo, ditto, echo, eclat, freshly, from the beginning, hand, handclap, handclapping, hear, new, newly, once again, once more, ovation, over, over again, plaudit, popularity, repeat, repeat performance, replay, replaying, reprise, return match, round of applause, thunder of applause, twice over, two times, yet again